Open Finance Appathon 2020
Build and launch market-ready solutions showcasing the future of open banking and open finance.
API Deep Dives
- Enrich customer loyalty with value-added services powered by data
- Improve transaction controls and compliance monitoring
- Create an innovative card issuing banking service
- Improve personal finance management with analytics, savings or conversational banking
- Develop payment solutions for more efficient payroll services
- Enhance online or in-app payment experience with low-cost, instant money movement that drives conversions and reduces chargebacks
- Deliver faster cross-border peer-to-peer (P2P) and direct-to-merchant payments
- Apply AI/ML to payment fraud detection
- Improve UX for complex transactions i.e. import letter of credit
- Create seamless processes for corporate treasurers with mobile authentication capabilities
- Improve customer-facing analytics for corporate treasurers to manage liquidity, exposure and risk
Special Challenge: Open Finance for Good
COVID-19 is impacting everyone across the globe. Financial services will play a vital role in helping people get through these unprecedented times and communities recover. Open Finance for Good is a special category challenging fintechs to use the available APIs to create and scale a solution that tackles the unique needs of consumers or businesses affected by the global pandemic.
Solutions submitted before the deadline will be reviewed on an ongoing basis to ensure that those with the potential to make a positive impact go live as soon as possible. All partners will support and promote as many of these Open Finance for Good solutions as possible.
Who can participate?
Winners for the following awards will receive free API consumption**.
Winners will also have the opportunity to gain exposure at client & industry events. Spotlight prizes to be announced.
*Subject to eligibility
**Railsbank and Yolt Technology Services will provide free API consumption for 6 months
capped at GBP5000. Finastra will waive the marketplace validation fee of USD5000.